Thursday, October 12, 2006

10/11/06 -

Hunted by Bio-Logic field again today.

Got there at 4. It was 45 degrees. There is a frost warning for tonight. Acorns are more visible on the ground and leaves have definately started turning yellow. I saw no deer. I thought I heard footsteps a couple times of deer, but no sightings.

Somebody came along at 6 and started hooking his stand to a tree about 20 yards away. I said hey to him about three times, but he just kept on going. He finally explained that he was hooking his stand up for in the morning and then leaving. Maybe I should go back at 7 tomorrow and screw up his time in the woods? Obviously I won't, but any other time I get that close to someone while hunting, a "hello" will quickly turn them around - they'll leave you alone. This guy was annoying. I guess I am going to have to find some place harder to get to. There is too much pressue here. This guy will only be able to get his stand about 12 feet up and he is hunting right over the big ground scrape. He left a nice stand hooked to the tree and it did'nt appear locked. I was an dishonest person, I could have had a nice new stand. A younger person with him did the same thing on the north side of the field - two nice stands free for the taking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home