Saturday, October 07, 2006

10-7-06

Hunted the Bio-Logic field on Sidney Bluff road. Got there at 5:50, sunup was 6:48. It was 45 degrees. Saw one other yayhoo drive by me after I parked the truck...I parked about 100 yards from the field. This guy drove by me and drove by the field - probably spooking anything nearby. There was a full moon making it a bright night. A 4 mile per hour wind out of the northeast, just as expected.

I sat under a white oak tree about 20 yards off of the field - into the woods. The scrape and two rubs were within 60 yards.

I saw nothing until 8am - at 8am 3 does walked north along the edge of the field. There was too much growth between them and I for a good shot. I was hoping to see the buck sneaking through the cover I was in...I was not positioned for a field side shot.

About 9, I went out to the edge of the field to get more ideas for stand locations. I did mark this morning's spot as "STD A 06" in the GPS. I saw the two tree rubs and the ground scrape again - last time I was here - Thursday night it was dark. There was droppings as well as many footprints. I peed in the ground scrape and headed home.

I also saw two more yayhoos come along around 9. The parked their bright red truck in plain view of the field, got out, nocked arrows and started walking north up the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home