Sunday, January 15, 2006

Pictures from 1-14-05


I am using Becki's old camera. The display screen is broken, so I have to use the view finder. My batteries died - as I do for the GPS, I will have to remember to carry extra's in the field. I only got four pictures, not nearly as many as I intended. My lovely and talented wife, was quickly able to convert these photos for your viewing pleasure.

The first is daisy with her nose to the ground. She likes to hunt, is not afraid of the gun shot, comes when called - even if interested in something else. She has yet to kick up her first rabbit.




The next two photos are of the treestand. I got my one and only bow shot from this stand on Thanksgiving Saturday, right at sunset. The doe was looking directly at me, knew something was wrong but didn't know what. When I let the arrow fly, the snap of the bow made her spring to a start and my arrow missed. Morale of the story - don't shoot when they're looing right at you.





The last picture is a well worn path the does use to move from the pond field to behind the barn and beyond. It might be good to hide in the pine trees and ambush the does as they pass through this trail.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home